- New self-isolation guidance for those aged 65 years or older, and those living with chronic health conditions. This guidance exempts individuals who work in essential services, such as hospital and health care workers, 药剂师, 维和警察, 消防队员, staff at skilled nursing facilities and residential care facilities for the elderly, and other essential workers:
- Remaining at home until further guidance is issued
- Continue with outdoor activities
- Practice social distancing, both in and outside the home
- Stay in touch with older residents by phone, email, or other on-line tools (like Skype and 脸谱网)
- Identify family, friends, neighbors and caregivers who can provide support
- Have over-the-counter medicines, prescription medicines and medical supplies (tissues, etc.)手
- Have a plan for if you get sick
- Use “respiratory etiquette,” such as covering a cough with a tissue or sleeve, and having tissues and no touch trash cans within reach
- Clean and disinfect homes to remove germs, and practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with common cleaning supplies
For more details on the California Department of Public Health’s Guidance on self-isolation for older adults and those who have elevated risk, read the guidance document.
Yolo County Revises COVID-19 Guidance to Align with State
Health order reduces isolation and quarantine time.
01/04/2022 5:18 PM
Floodplain Restoration Areas Taking Shape Along Southport Levee
Riparian habitat is now home to trees, grasses and wildlife.
12/21/2021 4:20 PM
City Awarded 7-million dollar grant for Westacre Park Expansion
Upgrades include a skate park, basketball courts and playground.
12/10/2021 11:34 AM
Transforming into an 关爱老人 Community
By listening to its residents, the city was able to improve transportation options...阅读更多: http://wsac.city/35kpRcx
2018 AARP Community Challenge
火 safety is important for everyone but older adults are two and half times more likely to die in a house fire than the rest of the population. West Sacramento 火 Marshall, Bryan Jonson has some tips for preventing and being safer in the event of a fire.
As part of West Sacramento’s Age Friendly Action Plan, students were paired with seniors to teach essential computer and smart phone skills at the 亚瑟F. Turner Community Library. The classes allowed seniors to increase connectivity with the community and advance their intergenerational scope.
As part of its commitment to better serve its older residents, the City mails a quarterly 关爱老人通讯 that contains information of interest to seniors in our community. Anyone can sign up to receive the newsletter and it's free! 订阅, click on this hyperlink to visit our webpage and provide your name and address. You can also find previous versions available for review there.
About 关爱老人 West Sacramento
作为一名 AARP Network of 关爱老人 Communities, the City created a plan that contains specific goals for assuring that West Sacramento is a place where residents can be safe, productive and happy at every stage of their lives. Use this site to learn more about the City’s 关爱老人 efforts and resources!